Sunday, June 7, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...



It's been awhile since I posted any info, and there's a good reason for that. It's graduation time for my little sister....well youngest sister. She's not little any more. She graduated on the 31st, but we have been working to prep for her party/reception all week. Clean at Mom's house as well as lots of baking and cooking! Nothing like delicious homemade food for a great party. Dairy/beef/pork products were plentiful...shredded beef for sandwiches, as well as ham. We had potato salad, ham/cucumber salad, and an awesome pineapple salad with cream cheese. We have punch with sherbet in it, as well as ice cream and cake...yummy! So every evening, when I would normally post on my blog I was baking instead. It was all worth it, so Congrats Angie on making it through high school and starting the next chapter of your life!---South Dakota State University!

Quick update on the farm...Joey is doing wonderfully! She's growing well. In about 2 weeks we will start weaning her from milk replacer and over to water full time, as her only liquid and calf starter as her food source. She's an active calf and we love to have her around. I am hoping to record some video of her this coming week. Other than that we are grateful for some much needed rain. We are well over 4 inches of rain, behind where we should be for the year. Today we received .75 inches, and the crops already look SO MUCH BETTER! Thanks God for the blessing of this rain...with more coming tomorrow I say thanks ahead of time...gentle rains are more than we could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!