Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jason Aldean - Amarillo Sky

On Thursday of this week Jon and I are taking a "little" break from the farm to enjoy our first country music concert in over 7 years! We have been to a couple rock/metal concerts in the past few months and we went to country concerts when we were in high school and college, we just haven't in the last few years. That being said it's been a rough year at the farm, so vacations have been few and far between. It's been hard to justify the cost. When you are self employed like we are, we have to pay to leave, but we also have to find help to take our place and pay them. Good help is hard to find, lucky for us we have a handful of great neighbors that we can count on if we need to leave for a weekend or just a night.

We are taking a MUCH needed break to see Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan. I LOVE this song by Jason Aldean! When it first was released I played is constantly in the tractor cabs. It is so true. We, as farmers, continue to work and strive each day to do a better job for ourselves and our consumers---regardless of profit, "taking our tractors another round". Often we find ourselves turning to God. My experiences have taught me that farmers have some of the closest relationships with God than so many others. When you battle so many challenges that are out of your control, who else can you turn to but God....and enjoy God's simple blessings....like the Amarillo Sky...to get us through.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time. We haven't had a vacation for over 4 years. From one farmer to another - thank you for your contributions. We appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute of your time together. Talk about a well-deserved break. Thank you for all you do to advance our industry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a blast! Thank you for your support of the dairy industry!!!

    ReplyDelete

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!