Saturday, January 3, 2015

Why am I Dairy Woman Strong?

Well, this is my first blog post on my new blog....Dairy Woman Strong.  I brainstormed for a long time what I wanted to re-brand my blog as...and for some reason I kept getting drawn to these 3 words.  These 3 words individually, or together describe all that is me and my passion for life.  I was proudly born and raised on a dairy farm where I learned so much about who I was and what I wanted out of life.  I gain a love of family, God, cows and the land.  I learned to appreciate the little things and life and to not take one day for granted.  I also knew in my heart what I was called to do.  I have a passion and determination for dairy that is almost insane.

Woman is an obvious one...I am a Proud woman in agriculture.  As the oldest child in my family, my father raised me to know that anything the boys could do I could also do.  There were contests to see who could stack the most bales between my dad and I and he taught me to care for cows and tend the land.  When I entered college I learned quickly that I am not alone.  Women are taking in roles in agriculture, where men had been the primary leaders...women are standing up and being recognized.  I will also note that I come from a long line of farm women...my mother, both my grandmothers and so on and so forth...so I a proud Woman in Ag!

Strong...this one I am learning as I go in life.  I have been knocked around and thrown curve balls that I never saw coming.  It has been my faith in God and my family and friends that have provided me the strength to cry when I am weary, ask for help when I am weak and lift myself back up and keep on my journey.  Strong is not a matter of being tough, strong is not being mean, strong isn't becoming invincible...It is only when we become truly weak, admit our mistakes, reach out to humanity, then we finally find our true strength....I hope to share my journey of faith and passion as I try to be he strong woman that I am called to be. 

God Bless you all and enjoy Dairy Woman Strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!