Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blink and you'll miss it!

I can't believe it, I blinked and I missed it! Which is especially frustrating since I wanted to capture it on video....planting corn that is. I was hoping to capture video of my father in law planting the last field of corn for this year, and I blinked (left the farm to run some errands in town) and I missed it. We had one field of corn left, it rained last night-much needed rain. So I thought that I had plenty of time to go to town. My father in law was eager to finish, and as soon as the field dried off a little, so at 3 pm he went to the field. I am proud to report that we are finished planting the corn crop. We have some more manure to haul and then we can finish planting soybeans and sweet corn. It's nice to know this year we will finish planting before we start cutting our first cutting of alfalfa.

Other than that, nothing new to report from the farm. I am eager to get into the flower beds and work on making the yard "pretty" again. The prep work for the pre-school tour has started and we are also working on scheduling a tour for a local high school Ag class. It's May and very busy at the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!