Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm a PROUD Older Sister today!!!


I don't know how any day this week could top the excitement we had today!  Today was the "big" announcement of the Finalist for Princess Kay of the Milky Way.  12 young women involved in the dairy industry we chosen from almost 90 candidates to compete at the MN State Fair in August to be Princess Kay of the Milky Way.  8 years ago to the date, I was honored to be one of these finalists, and I had the time of my life.  My youngest sister, Angela,  was there along the way, and I guess she might have learned something from me...or she made her own way to being chosen today to be a Finalist!  Needless to say, I was overjoyed!!!!!  One of the best honors of this role is having your likeness carving in a 90 pound block of butter at the MN State Fair.  I can't wait to be there, watching it! 
I don't know if I will ever forget the phone call I received from her this afternoon.  Angela has earned many state and national honors and has always called me to tell me about it, but this time, today, was the first time that she was crying on the other end of the line.  My little sister was so joyful in her achievement that she was actually crying tears of joy!  I was so moved, I wished that I could have been there to give her a much earned hug.  So via cell phone I sent my love, and sent her off to have her pictures taken for the press.  She is a bright young lady, with a great future ahead of her! 
So if you would like to learn more about her, my sister Angela has a video up on YouTube from last June where she shares about our family's farm.  She is an inspiration for me.  She always remains calm and cool under stress.  Her big sister was panicking this week, as we prepared for her events, but she never faltered.  Even after forgetting a very important piece of her wardrobe for the weekend, she remained calm.  I know personally, that she is an excellent AGVOCATE for the dairy industry!  So....

Congratulations & Love You Angela from your Big Sister, Shannon!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!