Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pictures from 1st cutting of Alfalfa and spring scenes.

Jon planting corn on May 5th.  This corn will be harvested (chopped) in August/September this year.

A little landscaping that I did using pieces of dairy industry past.

My brother in law cutting our first cutting of alfalfa on Monday.

Chopping our alfalfa and blowing it into the silage boxes.

Jonathan packing the chopped alfalfa into the silage bag.

Pretty irises raised with cow manure.  Nature that is nurtured.

To see more pictures from this season's hay crop or this spring 2010 check out this link at our Facebook Fan Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!