Monday, March 16, 2009

Dairy Princess Activities...

Another activity that I do a LOT of work with is the County Dairy Princess Program. Once upon a time, a long 8 years ago, I was also a County Dairy Princess, and then a finalist for Princess Kay of the Milky Way (Minnesota State Dairy Princess). During this experience I had my head carved in a 90# block of butter! Yes butter! It was an amazing time, but the greater moments came visiting at the Minnesota State Fair with the many different consumers stopping at the Moo Booth and Butter Carving Booth. I had so much fun, I couldn't give it up. So...I started out helping train girls to be better dairy princesses, and then after a couple of years took the position of County Dairy Princess Coordinator. It has been a blast! I love working with youth who are excited about the dairy industry! This past weekend I spent a lot of time working on scheduling promotions for the coming months and brain storming new ideas for June Dairy Month. Below are some pictures from our Dairy Princess Coronation from this past January.
2009 Princesses Valerie and Angela
Me and my sister-Dairy Princess Angela!

The dairy princesses with the dairy ambassadors
(girls from dairy farms or work on farms from 9th to 11th grade)
It's a pleasure to work with such great young women, excited about the dairy industry.
Feel free to check out a couple videos from that night.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!