Friday, March 6, 2009

Trying out blogging for the first time....

So here we go, on another adventure in technology! I am excited to enter the blogging world, and tell anyone interested about dairy farming and our busy hectic lives. A little about ourselves first: My husband Jonathan and I were married in 2005. That very same year we finished construction of our dairy barn and starting milking cows. At that time we had about 75 cows, but now 4 years later we have grown to about 100 cows. We milk Holsteins, which are the black and white cows. We milk 2 times a day in a double 12 parlor. Our milking parlor holds 24 cows at one time. Milking our cows take about an hour and a half. I am open to any questions to anyone who might be interested in what I have to say ;)

Thanks for bearing with my first time out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I write this blog to share my passion for my cows and farming, please be respectful of that. I reserve the right to delete those comments which portray hate, call names, and are out right disrespectful. If you have an honest question, I will respond, to explain what we do on our farm, why we do it and how we do it. Please read with an open mind. My time to blog is short, as most of our days are spent caring for our beloved cows. Thank you!